[Kde-games-devel] Why a KPlayer is not added ?

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Sun Jul 3 22:40:47 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm currently converting my game KsirK to use the KGame library in order to
make it network playable. I first converted some classes to KGame, KPlayer,
etc. and obtained a usable program. Particularly, I called the KPlayer
constructor with a pointer to the KGame object and players were added to the
playersList.

Next, I converted the members of the KGame object to KGameProperty but now the
last created player seems to be not added, event if debug messages show that
all my own code is executed as expected...

So, it is probably the addPlayer called by the KPlayer constructor that does
not end by the player addition. How could it happen ?

I found the following comment in the KGame class documentation:
"Note that an added player will first get into a "queue" and won't be in the
game. It will be added to the game as soon as systemAddPlayer is called what
will happen as soon as IdAddPlayer is received."
Could it be linked to my problem ? If so, why "IdAddPlayer" is not received by
the last created player ?

Thanks in advance.

Kleag
--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://gna.org/projects/kgraphviewer