[Kde-games-devel] Wanted in kdegames: Simple example of KGame usage

Martin Heni martin at heni-online.de
Tue Jan 18 19:16:54 CET 2005

> a simple example called kgame, if I remember correctly, but that has been
> retracted. I happen to have an old copy of kgame-1.0, but it is out of
> date, and it doesn't work any more.
>
> What do you think of this?  Martin, would you consent to use kgame as the
> start for this?

Because of lack of time my example game never made it beyond version 1.0.
However, on my KDE version at home it actually still works - I just tested it.
In case we are speaking about the same program, the demo
actually does already implement a tic-tac-toe game. I would be more than
happy if you could use it to implement a nice demo for the KDE games library.

If I am not confusing the programs, the 1.0 version can still be retrived from
http://www.heni-online.de/files/mykgame-1.0.tar.gz
However, you have to use the direct link because my index page linking to it
is messed up. Note: You might have to add something like
KGlobal::dirs()->addResourceDir("data", SRCDIR + QString::fromLatin1("/.."));
to "mymain.cpp" to get it running from the source directory.

Martin