[Kde-games-devel] Potential trademark issues: ktron, ksokoban, kbattleship not in Fedora Core

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 11:34:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been trying out Fedora Core 4, and I upgraded kdegames from 3.4.0 ->
3.4.2, only to discover that ktron had been removed. Being quite fond of the
game, I  contacted the FC4 package maintainer, and, apparently, several games
(ktron, ksokoban and kbattleship) were removed back in August 2002 because they
were judged to be "potentially trademarked". ktron had only slipped back into
the package by mistake.

I couldn't find anything about this issue in the archives of this list; is
there a genuine trademark concern here? For ktron, presumably the worry is
about the film "Tron", where they have a light-cycle race; and for kbattleship,
presumably there's a trademarked boardgame, etc.

-- Matt