[Kde-games-devel] Re: Discovery of LAN servers for kbattleship

Albert Astals Cid tsdgeos at yahoo.es
Wed Dec 15 21:33:48 CET 2004

A Dimecres 15 Desembre 2004 20:08, Jakub Stachowski va escriure:
> A Dilluns 13 Desembre 2004 16:12, Jakub Stachowski va escriure:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Attached patch allows kbattleship to announce game server on LAN. Client
> >> is able to discover active servers so user doesn't have to know ip and
> >> port. kdnssd library (from kdelibs) is used for that.
> >> The same could be done for lskat, kwin4 and possibly atlantik.
> >> Comments? Suggestions?
> >
> >I've not compiled the patch so i'm speaking only having read it.
> >
> >A question: Is building kdnssd in kdelibs obligatory, i mean, if it is
> >optional, kbattleship will not build on people with kdnssd compiled, no?
>
> No, kdnssd is always built. If someone does not have working DNS-SD setup
> simply no servers will be found.
>
> >A suggestion, i see in kclientdialog.h you have defined
> > BATTLESHIP_SERVICE, but in kbattleshipserver.cpp you use the literal
> > "_kbattleship._tcp", could you use the same define in both places?
> >
> >Also #define is usually not used in kde, it is prefered to use
> >static const char* BATTLESHIP_SERVICE = "_kbattleship._tcp";
>
> Corrected. Now it looks ok to commit?

For me it seems fine.

> Regarding other games I mentioned: it looks like libkdegames needs to be
> changed, not individual apps. I will submit patch in next few days.

I don't know if you already know that but the feature list closes the next
saturday, you can still add features to code later if the feature is listed
at developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-features.xml if you don't know
how to modify it just tell me and i'll help you.

Albert