[Kde-games-devel] KPoker cleanup phase 1 finished

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Tue Aug 31 22:21:47 CEST 2004

Hi everybody,

I have now gone through all the code of KPoker and made it somewhat more
readable.  I would like you to test it as much as you can so that we can
finalize it.

After I am satisfied that I have introduced no new bugs, I will remove the
old code that is still there and the trace messages and backport this to
KDE_3_3_BRANCH as there are several bugs in bugzilla that were fixed by
the new code.

But after that there are still a lot of things to do:

* Separate the poker game code from the view code.

* Make the AI possible to use in a game with more than 2 players.

* Port KPoker to use KPlayer and KGame so that we can have network games.

* Fix the terminology in the program.  A lot of thanks to Ian Wadham for
  the link to all-poker-rules.com.  I have looked through it shortly and
  it looks very valuable.

I would especially like some comments from Andreas Beckermann, since the
code is his to begin with.  I hope he (you) don't think that I have
ruined your program and spoiled the fun for you.  That was not my meaning.

	-Inge

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge at lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |