[Kde-games-devel] Fix for KPoker

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Thu Aug 26 23:11:52 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I just checked in a pretty big patch for KPoker.  As far as I know, it
fixes all valuation errors for poker hands, e.g. bug 30272 - "Error
picking winner when both players have 2-pair hands".

As I mentioned before, I wrote a new class PokerHand that does all the
work, and then I rewrote as little as I could of the rest of the program
to use this new class.  There are a few uglinesses left:

 * The old rewritten code is still left, but inside "#if 0 - #endif"
   pairs.  This way you can compare the old code with the new and see what
   I did.  I will remove the old code in a future cleanup of the code
   (soon).

 * There are a few debug messages left.  I will remove them too soon.

 * The rest of the code still needs a lot of cleaning.

Please test this as much as you can.  I have tried to do so as much as
possible myself, but I can't sit around playing kpoker the whole day.  To
give you an idea of how much testing I have done, I will mention that
during the tests I managed to get four aces once and even a straight
flush.  No royal flush, though.

The bugs in bugzilla that i think that I fixed are:

Bug 30272: Error picking winner when both players have 2-pair hands
Bug 70903: kpoker identifies only one pair
Bug 71693: all cards are blinking (computer have just two pairs)

If no new bug reports reach me until saturday, I will mark them as FIXED.

	-Inge

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge at lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |