[Kde-games-devel] more details about that "bug" appearing in kbackgammon

Nicolai Lissner nlissne at linux01.gwdg.de
Wed Sep 24 16:17:51 CEST 2003

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>  - I can play HEAD kbackgammon fine
>  - I can play 3.1.4 kbackgammon + 3.1.4 kdegames + HEAD kdelibs + QT 3.2.1

I have investigated a bit more - and found:

The bugs is NOT related to any library kbackgammon uses - I have restored an
old binary version of kbackgammon 3.1.3 and it runs fine - even though the
newer libs are installed. So - it cannot be caused by the libraries.
The source code of kbackgammon itself didn't change between the versions.

This would mean there is no error in the source-code that causes my problem.

So I asked myself what might have change between the old and the new
kbackgammon on my system and I found I compiled kde 3.1.3 with gcc-3.2.1,
but compiled kde-3.1.4 with gcc-3.3.1  -- so I think my problem might be
related to that. There were no errors during compiling - but at the moment I
cannot imagine any other reason...

Did anyone else tried to compile kdegames with ** gcc-3.3.1 **?

a bit confused about all this
Nicolai