[Kde-games-devel] Re: test QPtrList existence ?

cantabile cantabile.03 at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 24 03:22:32 CEST 2003

Sorry, Andreas,
I was wrong. I searched again the doc and found I had mixed infos about
QDataStream::setRawBytes ( which I was struggling with in another part
of my code) and the warning about deleting twice items in a QPtrList set
to autoDelete...
Thus, I was convinced I had read that setAutoDelete(true) was
discouraged (the warning in setrawBytes about 'inexperienced
programmers' - like me), and I thought you meant 'false' instead of
'true'.

Anyway, this remark wasn't meant to be offensive and I hope you weren't
offended.

BTW, 'true' in my code makes the program crash, even with the new play()
method you kindly rewrote for me. Looks like I'm stepping into this
double deletion warning, although I don't understand why.

Cheers.