[Kde-games-devel] Re: Resource directory

Ian Wadham ianw at netspace.net.au
Thu Oct 16 08:14:23 CEST 2003

cantabile wrote:
> It works when I write in Makefile.am :
> CPPFLAGS =-DSRCDIR = "\"$(shell( cd $(srcdir) && pwd))/pics\""
> with /pics under /src directory.

I don't really understand what you are doing, but would it work
here in Australia or in Patagonia if you distributed your game
and we installed it in /opt/kde3 and without using (or even
having) KDevelop 3 or GNU tools?

The $(kde_datadir) method does work.  I once had an email
from Patagonia to prove it ... :)

Another tip: you can copy your pics temporarily into
~/.kde/share/apps/kmatches/pics when testing and debugging.
Andi's code (KDE) will also find them there if you just execute
after rebuilding, without installing.  But make sure you delete
or change those copies if you change the pics sometime or
want to test a "proper" install.  ~/.kde is used by applications
to store user-dependent stuff.

All the best, Ian W.