[Kde-games-devel] Re: Resource directory

Andreas Beckermann b_mann at gmx.de
Tue Oct 14 18:37:19 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 02:34, cantabile wrote:
> Dear list,

Hi

> I'm trying to access pix resources from a directory in my project :
[...]
> When I write :
> QString pixdir = kapp->dirs()->findResourceDir("data", "pics/bd.png")
> new QLabel( pixdir, this, "pix directory");

Try findResourceDir("data", "your_app_name/pics/bd.png");
your_app_name is the name that you provided to KAboutData in main. Usually all
lowercase. It is also the name of the directory of your app in
$KDEDIR/share/apps/

[...]
> What am I missing ?

A grep -r findResourceDir * in kdegames, which would have told you that your
appname is part of the path ;-)

> Thanks for your help.

CU
Andi