[Kde-games-devel] multiple menu entries in Boson 0.9.1

Raphael Langerhorst raphael-langerhorst at gmx.at
Wed Nov 26 19:14:41 CET 2003

Hello!

concerns: Boson 0.9.1

I'm currently tracking down the problem you get when you...
1) start a new game
2) "end game"
3) start another new game
 -> you have multiple menu entries of all KAction menu entries that are
initialized in ... let me see ... BosonWidget::initKActions() (gets called
from BosonWidgetBase::init())

A)
What I propose is to get rid of these KActions when ending a game - in the
destructor, but how can these be referenced?

B)
Especially those KStdGameAction actions, which are seen multiple times in the
menu when starting more games without quiting boson in between (see above).

C)
And what about all those other actions that are not as visible as menu
entries? Do they also continue to live after "End Game" from the menu has
been selected? (I have not yet figured out if BosonWidget is destroyed when
end game is selected)

Well, it's my first contact with boson source code, since the game already
makes a great impression on me !! (congratulations) and this is something
that can be amended and ... maybe it's not too hard for the beginning. Any
help is of course welcome, since I don't have that plenty amount of time.

greetings,
Raphael