[Kde-games-devel] Re: REKO cardsets for KDE cardgames?

blachner at gmx.de blachner at gmx.de
Fri Jun 13 10:21:52 CEST 2003

> > Here the REKO data format for all which want to know it. It should be
> > helpful if you want to support REKO cardsets in your own card games,
> > which is always a good idea I think.
> >
> > A short note:
> > ULONG is unsigned 32 bit, UWORD is unsigned 16 bit and UBYTE is unsigned
> > 8 bit data.
>
> little endian?

The Amiga Formats are big endian, becaus the come from 68k. The RKP8 and
RKP16 formats are little endian. But as I said before I have some classes to
read this formats written in Java. It's not the problem to rewrite them in C++

> Hm.. note that these REKO sets force a combination of fronts and backs,
> while KCardDialog lets the user separate them.  I think that's another
> point for the installer method.

Yes maybe a REKO card installer is the easiest and fastest way.  I think
about adding a "Install as KDE cards" option in my Java card viewer.

I decided also to write a KIO slave for the REKO cardset. Because I want to
learn a little about KIO. If there is interessting than to add this KIO slave
to the KDE CVS, it would be nice, if not, I learned something. After the KIO
slave is finished it should not be a great problem to write a REKO installer
which usese this slave if there is interest. And it is also possible to make
an advanced kcarddialog which uses the KIO slave to load the cards, if this
is prefered.

blachner at gmx.de