[Kde-games-devel] Re: REKO cardsets for KDE cardgames?

Nicolas Hadacek nicolas.hadacek at comcast.net
Thu Jun 12 09:45:41 CEST 2003

On Thursday 12 June 2003 03:21 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Thursday June 12, 2003 02:14, blachner at gmx.de wrote:
> > Is there interest for a advanced kcarddialog for the CVS or not?
>
> If by "advanced" you mean "specifically tweaked to support some
> (undocumented?) binary format used by some (proprietary?) image sets,"
> then probably not.

if it's common enough why not ? don't we have filter for word document in
koffice ?

> A general guideline for KDE libraries is that nothing should be added
> unless it's already being used by one or two apps in CVS.

well how many games use kcarddialog ? if more than one, it's not an argument.

> Come to think of it, this is one advantage of the current system.  Each app
> can optimize the image loading for its own needs.  No forced conversions
> from QImage to QPixmap or QPixmap to QImage (or to some other class, for
> that matter) are made.

so a KIO slave would be fine: each apps can load the image the way it wants
to.

By the way, it could be a good idea to ask Stephan (kulow at kde.org) for advice.
He is the maintainer of kpat and could have some different point of view...

Nicolas