[Kde-games-devel] How do I get KDE Developers' doc off-line?

Ian Wadham ianw at netspace.net.au
Wed Jul 9 22:15:33 CEST 2003

Hi everybody,

I am hoping someone can help.  I would like to start work
on a KDE3-style GUI for KGoldrunner, but first I need to
read the Developers' doc --- see headings and links
for "KDE & Qt", "General" and "User Interface" on
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/index.html.

Unfortunately I have only dialup access to the Internet,
with limited hours per month.  So I would like to download
the doc and read it off-line.

Konqueror has a "Save As", but only for one web-page
at a time.  Windows Internet Explorer (in another partition)
has the same, but is also able to download a web page and
all the pages it is linked to (e.g. "KDE 3.0 Architecture"
and all its chapters).  But Microsoft stores that stuff in a
strange format that Konqueror cannot read properly.

Where and how can I get off-line copies of Developers'
documents?  In CVS somewhere?  I've searched but not
found, nor do they seem to be in "All of KDE" on SuSE
8.2 distribution CDs.  If it's in XML form, how do I convert
it to HTML?  Konqueror does not read XML.

Cheers, Ian W.