[Kde-games-devel] The new HighScores system

Andrea Bergia kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:28:16 +0100

Hi everyone. I wanted to reply to the e-mail about the new HighScores system
used by KMines and some other games, but I trashed it. So, sorry for the new
thread ;-)

I'd love to see it included into libkdegames. It's very useful, and much
better and simpler to use than the original libkdegames system. And another
thing: i grep-ed the sources of kdegames, and I saw that only a low number of
games use the original khighscore system:
[andry /usr/src/kde/kdegames]$ grep -R "KScoreDialog" * | grep -v libkdegames/
kasteroids/toplevel.cpp:        KScoreDialog d(KScoreDialog::Name |
katomic/gamewidget.h:class KScoreDialog;
kbounce/kbounce.cpp:    KScoreDialog h(KScoreDialog::Name | klines/klines.cpp:
klines/klines.cpp:    KScoreDialog d(KScoreDialog::Name | KScoreDialog::Score
kolf/kolf.cpp:          KScoreDialog *scoreDialog = new
ksame/KSameWidget.cpp:#define Board     KScoreDialog::Custom1
ksmiletris/gamewindow.cpp:    KScoreDialog d(KScoreDialog::Name |

There is 7 games over 31 (if I'm able to count). And the games which uses the
class KHighscore are lesser, in fact:
[andry /usr/src/kde/kdegames]$ grep -R "KHighscore" * | grep -v
kmines/generic/ | grep -v libkdegames/
kbattleship/kbattleship/khighscoredialog.h:     KHighscore *m_score;
kshisen/app.h:class KHighscore;

In fact, only two games! So I think that the new system is much better and
simpler to use, and I hope that the new system will be soon included into
libkdegames.
Only my 2 Euro cents.

--
Andrea Bergia - studente              Linux Registred User #281550
"The one thing we're all waiting for, is peace on Earth and an end to war,

Yahoo! Cellulari: loghi, suonerie, picture message per il tuo telefonino
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mobile.yahoo.com/index2002.html