[Kde-games-devel] Colour fonts

Johnny Andersson kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 01:34:23 +0100

Let's say I'm making a game for KDE and I want fonts with colours, and pe=
rhaps=20
an outline to make it readable no matter what is behind it. I still want =
the=20
game to support all languages, so shipping it with a bitmap font isn't an=
=20
option.=20

Would it be considered OK practise to render the characters that's going =
to be=20
used to an offscreen bitmap, (using regular QT text output functions),=20
manipulate it, and then use custom text routines to show it?

Is there another way? Also, perhaps this could be adressed in a more gene=
ral=20
way since I'm sure many games and entertainment apps could benefit from=20
"happier" fonts.