[Kde-games-devel] Two questions about kbattleship

Albert 'TSDgeos' Astals Cid tsdgeos at terra.es
Sat Aug 2 01:32:16 CEST 2003

At 00:22 02/08/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>On Friday 01 August 2003 20:34, Albert 'TSDgeos' Astals Cid wrote:
> > 2 - Maybe you noticed i recently implemented wish #40790, i would like
> > to do the same for the 2 human players game. But that means changing
> > the network protocol a bit (winner should send its ships positions to
> > the looser). This can be a problem because:
>
>Don't the programs exchange ship positions on game start?

I've looked at the code and i'm almost sure they don't, each time you click
on a map position the client sends a message asking if it has water or a
ship and the other player answers. It is better that way, because if the
ships positions were exchanged at game start you could use tcpdump or a
similar utility and cheat the game.