[Kde-games-devel] Re: About kmines

Andreas Beckermann b_mann at gmx.de
Tue Apr 29 00:16:10 CEST 2003

On Thursday 24 April 2003 00:31, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I've downloaded kmines from the CVS and i've seen that if you launch kmines
> from the console, when you change in the configuration dialog (Custom Game)
> from expert to easy, you get
>
> ASSERT: "nbMines>0 && nbMines<=maxNbMines(width, height)" in defines.cpp
> (42)
>
> i've seen it still works, so maybe it isn't important.
>
> I've thought maybe i can try to solve it.
>
> Do you think it is worth the time?

It's usually a good thing to fix bugs :)

In this particular case it seems to be harmless. in CustomConfig::typeChosen()
the call to blockSignals(true) applies to the CustomConfig widget only, but
it should also (mainly!) apply to _width, _height and _mines. When _width and
_height are changed _mines still has the old value (99) which is invalid to
the 8*8 field (easy).

But because of the updateNbMines() at the end it seems not to have any actual
consequences, beside that it is an error.

CU
Andi