[Kde-games-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: new KDE game: dominoes

Troy Corbin Jr. kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:14:44 -0600

On Friday 08 November 2002 02:13 pm, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Friday 08 November 2002 20:34, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > So you've completely removed the ability of the artist to have total
> > control over the look of the dominoes?  I'm disappointed...
>
> The whole point of dominoes is that the pieces with the same value conn=
ect
> and look the same to the user, though. If artists can still design the
> appearance of both pieces and face values, I see no problem..

This depends upon the method he used for the drawing. If he's using QPain=
ter's=20
built in circle brush, then the artistic freedom has diminished. If, on t=
he=20
other hand, he were to bitblt pre-rendered images of dots ( with alpha-la=
yer=20
) on top of the base domino image, then you can still be creative about y=
our=20
themes.
--=20
Troy Corbin Jr.