[Kde-games-devel] new KDE game: dominoes

Jay Glascoe kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 21:58:12 -0800 (PST)

--0-1714615506-1036648692=:29414

hello KDE game developers,

below is an email I sent to the KDE howtohelp folks. they kindly pointed me your

way. (so here I am ;-)

I've written a rather nice dominoes game application with Qt 3.  At this point,

it does almost everything I want it to do, doesn't leak memory, and won't

segfault. Now I need some advice on how to convert a vanilla Qt app to a KDE

app. In particular, I'd like the "Help/About" to have that standard KDE about look.

I'm also wondering, what is the KDE way of saving "persistent" data? By that I

mean, I want to save the config options and running statistics to some file

somewhere. I also need some brief advice about how to put the code up on

sourceforge. If anyone is interested in looking at the game, I'd really appreciate

that as well.

thank you,

Jay Glascoe

=========email to howtohelp@KDE.org=========================

hello KDE howtohelp,

I've been developing a dominoes game, with Qt 3 (on KDE),

for a couple months (or more) now. It's about 7k lines,

complete with its own AI (for expert play), and original

domino images. I believe it's a worthy effort and

compares favorably to many other Qt/KDE game apps.

I would like to donate this thing to KDE, or at least make

it generally available to anyone interested. I'm also in

need of some specific Qt/KDE development info and advice.

Could you tell me the best way to proceed? For the moment,

it's available at my Yahoo! briefcase:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/jglascoe/vwp2?.tok=bcenalQB4oMkNUOj&.dir=/My+Documents&.dnm=KDOMINOES.tgz&.src=bc

(I suspect I should put this on sourceforge, or something,

but I'm not sure how to go about doing that).

Thanks in advance,

Jay Glascoe

jglascoe@yahoo.com

--0-1714615506-1036648692=:29414

<P>hello KDE game developers,</P>
<P>below is an email I sent to the KDE howtohelp folks. they kindly pointed me your</P>
<P>way. (so here I am ;-)</P>
<P>I've written a rather nice dominoes game application with Qt 3.&nbsp; At this point,</P>
<P>it does almost everything I want it to do, doesn't leak memory, and won't</P>
<P>segfault. Now I need some advice on how to convert a vanilla Qt app to a KDE</P>
<P>app. In particular, I'd like the "Help/About" to have that standard KDE about look.</P>
<P>I'm also wondering, what is the KDE way of saving "persistent" data? By that I </P>
<P>mean,&nbsp;I want to save the config options and running statistics to some file</P>
<P>somewhere. I also need some brief advice about how to put the code up on</P>
<P>sourceforge. If anyone is interested in looking at the game, I'd really appreciate</P>
<P>that as well.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>thank you,</P>
<P>Jay Glascoe</P>