[Kde-games-devel] Nim game

Leif Jensen kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:14:41 -0400 (EDT)

There's a simple little game called nim that is a bit more
interesting and engaging than tic-tac-toe, though not much more
complicated.  Over the years, it's been a sort of hello-world
first project for me in a lot of languages.  Lately I wanted
to make a Qt/KDE version, so I'm asking for advice on what
approach to take and what other simple projects to look at
for implementation ideas.  If you want to check it out, there
is a Java applet at

http://www.math.columbia.edu/~jensen/nim/

The Java version is not really well-designed, and the interface
needs a redesign.  It would be possible to add more interesting
elements to the game and make it look better with animations
and more.

Best,
Leif