KDE 6 + Wayland : it works or not ?

Tobias C. Berner tcberner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 21:55:49 BST 2024

Moin moin

You should not install any plasma5 components that are not pulled in
by plasma6 -- they conflict, as they are both the KDE Desktop... and
therefore share files and services :) -- so stick to one version.

I have not yet got the plasma6-wayland session working on my end
though -- I can start the plasma-desktop inside a running wayland
compositor, but I cannot bring up kwin as compositor.

mfg Tobias