CPU consumtion by kglobalaccel / Xorg (was: Fwd: xorg-server-21.1.8_2,1 && key Control_L)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Sep 19 06:36:17 BST 2023

El día lunes, septiembre 18, 2023 a las 10:41:52p. m. +0200, Michael Gmelin escribió:

> >> The trees ~/.config and ~/.cache have been copied from the 2020's system
> >> which is still in use. But I will follow your advice and test with a
> >> newly created user.
> >
> > I created a new user 'test', did login as 'test', copied my ~guru/.xinitrc
> > to ~/.xinitrc, started KDE with 'startx' and started on the empty desktop
> > 'Konsole' from the Application launcher and with 'Konsole' the command
> > 'top'. Using the key 'Control_L' a few times, let's say 10 times in 10
> > seconds, brings the proc Xorg to 60% and kglobalaccel to 20% CPU utilization.
> >
> > Please let me know, if I could check something.
> >

> Could you share the content of your .xinitrc (excuse if you had before).

It's attached. There is also nothing fancy configured for the desktop
switch. Each new desktop just moves in from right to the left. I have
configured 4 virtual desktops and from the fourth it cycles back to the
first.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045