CPU consumtion by kglobalaccel / Xorg (was: Fwd: xorg-server-21.1.8_2,1 && key Control_L)

Gleb Popov arrowd at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 18 17:44:40 BST 2023

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 7:39 PM Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> When I kill kglobalaccel5, Xorg stressed with repeated 'Control_L' goes
> only to 20% but Control_L + TAB does not switch to my virtual desktops.
> When I restart kglobalaccel5 from the shell, switching works again with
> the same CPU symptom.

Ugh, this doesn't give a hint, then. Do you have fancy effects enabled
for the virtual desktop switching? If yes, can you try disabling it or
the compositor altogether to see if the problem goes away? I don't
really remember how to do that, so you'd have to search for these
settings in System Settings yourself.