FreeBSD KDE Broke

Thomas Covert theromchip at outlook.com
Fri Aug 18 19:32:14 BST 2023

What is going on with KDE on FreeBSD? I have Windows 11 FreeBSD 14 Aplha1 and NixOs and Kali Purple Linux all on Partitions that I can boot from each. So about a week ago a KDE update on FreeBSD completely broke my system with this error below when you click on Panel for apps i use Latte Docks but it happens on default apps Panel. I sent a screenshot of error. So I had to compile XFCE4 to even use my system. I have used KDE since the beginning and have stuck with KDE on all my Linux and FreeBSD systems. I am getting so tired of this. Its like FreeBSD is not as important as Linux. All my updates on all my Linux systems go with NO problems at all. But almost always updates of KDE on FreeBSD mess up my system. I use FreeBSD as my main OS so I really need my system up and running. So this error lasted for about 3 updates and just yesterday a KDE update fixed this error. But Today KDE Plasma updates AGAIN and wow the error is back. I gotta say I was really impressed with XFCE4 it compiled with NO errors and it runs like a dream. I really want KDE to work on FreeBSD but I cant lie im about to switch and do away with KDE if these BUGS continue to happen. Does anyone TEST these updates before they put them out?  You try and get answers on FreeBSD and KDE forums and you never get a answer how to fix ANYTHING on KDE. Do you need to GET a NEW Team working on FreeBSD? They would not want to work for me because I would not TOLERATE this. FreeBSD is just as important as Linux and much better. Please can we get this problem fixed? I LOVE KDE but theirs to many problems with the KDE ports and Updates and when an updates takes down my system that cost me money I have to consider doing away with KDE that's SAD.

file:///usr/local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.kickoff/contents/ui/Kickoff.qml:19:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "org.kde.plasma.private.kicker": Cannot load library /usr/local/lib/qt5/qml/org/kde/plasma/private/kicker/libkickerplugin.so: (/usr/local/lib/libxmlb.so.2: version LIBXMLB_0.1.0 required by /usr/local/lib/libappstream.so.4 not defined)