plasma5-xdg-desktop-portal-kde for KDE file dialog

dinu rr rrdinu at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:32:02 BST 2022

Dear Tobias,

Thank you for looking into this for me.

I have installed plasma5-xdg-desktop-portal-kde-5.24.5 on FreeBSD
13.0-RELEASE-p11. When I set GTK_USE_PORTAL=1 (through .profile), Firefox
fails to open file dialog, with the following error message:

(firefox:1552): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:21:25.013: Can't open portal file
chooser: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop was not provided by any .service files

I have dbus enabled through rc.conf and have a KDE desktop (installed with
plasma5-plasma-5.24.5).

Am I missing any packages (I have installed my entire desktop with binary
packages) or configuration?

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards.
Dinu