Problem(s) with plasma 5.25

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 22:31:40 BST 2022

On Tuesday, 21 June 2022 22:55:52 CEST Jeremy wrote:
> The issue is, when I try and start plasma from SDDM or even by using startx
> from an .xinitrc file with 'exec ck-launch-session startplasma-x11', it
> will show the splash screen, and then a blank screen with the mouse cursor,
> and then no further activity (no panel on the bottom, no menu to the left,
> no icons, nothing).

FWIW, I had this recently -- for a week or so -- with Plasma 5.24.5 (from
ports, though built locally with poudriere) and finally fixed it by force-
upgrading the plasma5\* ports from my poudriere build. I suspect some
underlying library has updated, but not all consumers have had versions
bumped).

After a forced reinstall of plasma from my local builds, the regular desktop
came back.

[ade] (who is messing with qt6 and ignoring newer plasma for now)