emby-server, digikam and ImageMagick(s)

Adriaan de Groot adridg at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 25 11:42:33 GMT 2022

On Monday, 24 January 2022 12:22:46 CET Andriy Gapon wrote:
> On 24/01/2022 13:12, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > On Monday, 24 January 2022 08:40:37 CET Andriy Gapon wrote:
> >> Two different ImageMagick-s cannot be installed at the same time.
> >> Sigh...
>
> Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it.  But I hoped for a
> resolution that would not require me to build stuff from ports.  In other
> words, a resolution for everyone, not just my local environment.
>
> Anyway, I guess I'll have to try the workarounds for time being.

.. and report on which, if any, works, so that that particular workaround can
be applied and made available for everyone.

does emby-server work with magick 7? If so, the general change is "remove the
version-pin from emby-server" and you can file a PR. If not, then you can look
into making Magick co-installable (from upstream it seems that it is not
intended to be co-installable, and dealing with versioned binaries does not
sound attractive to me).

[ade]