No audio fade in or out effects in shotcut and kdenlive

Adriaan de Groot adridg at freebsd.org
Thu Nov 4 22:59:51 GMT 2021

On Sunday, 31 October 2021 19:27:01 CET Werner Lehmann wrote:
> after a pkg upgrade on my FreeBSD 12.2 (amd64) system, kdenlive crashes
> immediately when trying to apply audio fade in or out. When trying to do
> the same in shotcut, it turns out that the filters for audio fade in/out
> do not even exist in the application.
>
> I think that this might be related to mlt, which is now mlt6 and mlt7.
> Here is my output of the installed mlt packages:

You shouldn't need mlt6 anymore; try removing it (or `pkg autoremove`, that
ought to do it). If you are using the quarterly branch, it's possible things
have gotten out-of-sync with forgotten rebuilds. You may try to build kdenlive
from ports to see if that helps.

For this kind of issues, it helps an awful lot if you describe exactly what
you are doing: "apply audio fade in" means something to *you*, and probably
means something to an experienced kdenlive user, but there's no way for a
total n00b in video (e.g. me) to check this behavior.

[ade]