no puzzles in Palapeli

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Mar 9 23:16:44 GMT 2021

On Sunday, 7 March 2021 21:30:34 CET Sean McCullough wrote:
> Hello, FreeBSD KDE team!
>
> I need some assistance on my KDE 5 implementation on my FreeBSD
> 1q2.2-RELEASE amd64 system. Most of KDE5 installed perfectly from packages.
> However, when I opened up Palapeli, there were NO puzzles to play!
>
> I'm finding no mention of this problem on the internet, either.
>
> If one of you could point me in the right direction to ask about this, I
> would appreciate it.

Well, that's mighty peculiar.

I just started palapeli (in 20 years of using KDE I don't think I've done that
previously). I had **one** puzzle available, a castle in the Loire. There were
4 other puzzles stuck in "loading puzzle" state, and after I had finished the
castle puzzle (it was kinda fun, maybe I'll do this again some time) I clicked
on one of those 4 "loading" puzzles. Then palapeli hung up on me.

A fairly random guess is "GHNS is not ok with this", but .. then I restarted
palapeli and all five of the default puzzles were there.

Do you have files in /usr/local/share/palapeli/collection/ ? That's where the
collection normally lives.

[ade]