KWayland on FreeBSD: QFileSystemWatcher issue

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jan 2 11:23:27 GMT 2021

No less than 12 unittests fail for KWayland on FreeBSD, but I think it's all one issue.

QDEBUG : TestSubCompositor::testDestroy() qt.core.filesystemwatcher: adding ("/tmp/runtime-kdeci/kwayland-test-wayland-subcompositor-0")
QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: open: Operation not supported
FAIL!  : TestSubCompositor::testDestroy() 'connectionDiedSpy.wait()' returned FALSE. ()

Somehow the kqueue-based filesystem watcher implementation (in Qt) fails to watch sockets?
Can anyone look into that?

I don't really want to have to add QEXPECT_FAIL in 12 unittests to get CI under control...

Working on KDE Frameworks 5