why does www/qt5-webengine enforce a soundsystem ?

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 23 23:00:07 GMT 2020

(redirecting from freebsd-questions@)

tech-lists <tech-lists at zyxst.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> as subject: why does www/qt5-webengine options enforce a soundsystem?
>
> I don't use alsa or pulseaudio or sndio that i'm aware of. As far as I
> can tell, this partucular system just has OSS which works fine. If all
> three
> selectable (pulseaudio, alsa and sndio) are deselected it gives
> an invalid config error. OSS isn't on the menu.
>
> Can I get round this?
>
> thanks,

qt5-webengine is based on Chromium which doesn't have code to support OSS.
Unless webengine swapped out upstream audio system with qt5-multimedia
the same constraints would apply.

Maybe the port maintainer knows more.