weird problem with 'win' key

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun May 3 13:58:33 BST 2020

On Saturday, 2 May 2020 21:59:50 CEST Andriy Gapon wrote:
> I have a pretty weird problem with the 'Windows' key in KDE / plasma5.
> This is a fresh installation with pretty much a default configuration.
> I do not think that I have seen such a problem before.
> Also, using other window managers / desktop environments I do not see the
> same problem.

I see the same thing on my local desktop: xev recognizes the key, I can even
use it to configure shortcuts **but** it behaves weirdly, and none of the
shortcuts using the key are recognized. (Not even showing plasma launcher)

er .. now that I've written that, and messed around with global shortcuts
settings for a bit, win (recognized as meta) **does** show the launcher, meta-
L (configured explictly) **does** show the launcher, but alt-F1 (shown in the
configuration as "show launcher") doesn't.

[ade]