apps show background, menus show as black boxes or background

David L. Sanford I.N10.2 at programmer.net
Sun Mar 15 21:23:24 GMT 2020

I have been using kde5 on freebsd for some time now.  But the latest
version is not working for me.  Here is my current setup:

VirtualBox Graphical User Interface Version 6.0.12_SUSE r132055
FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE r354233 GENERIC  amd64
xorg-7.7_3
kde5-5.17.4.19.12.0

When I open Konsole and try to pull the bottom down to make the display
higher, the background starts showing through rather than the Konsole
content.  And any pop-up or pull down dialogs I try to open just show a
black box or the background.

This did not happen with the original version of kde5 that installed
with FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE.  It has only started happening when I tried
to update to kde5-5.17.3 on FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE.  I decided to install
the latest of everything, and the problem still persists.

I tried sending you this report before with a screenshot attached, but
got the following response:

Your mail to 'kde-freebsd' with the subject

     apps show background, menus show as black boxes

The reason it is being held:

     Message body is too big: 439899 bytes with a limit of 100 KB

notification of the moderator's decision.