Missing time in panel

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Jun 22 10:59:39 BST 2020

On Monday, 22 June 2020 00:55:28 CEST Jeremy wrote:
> I forgot to add that this is 12 stable (r362388) on amd64. The git branch I
> used for qt5-5.15.0 is identical to the one from freebsd-ports-kde. The
> qt5-5.15.0 branch on freebsd-ports-kde is on revision 20fe16b.

"works for me", which is really unhelpful here.

Your description does indeed sound like bonkers QML files. If you recently
switched over to Qt 5.15 there may indeed be leftovers: generally Qt QML
versioning should prevent that, but who knows what evil lurks^W^Wsurprises
there may be.

Can you, though, right-click on the spot where the clock should be? You should
have a *configure digital clock* and *show alternatives* in there, either of
which might be useful.

The things you're trying to debug **probably** live under /usr/local/share/
plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/ in source form; I don't know
enough about QML caching and compilation to say where any other files might
be.

[ade]