a bug in kshutdown: Shutting down the computer - no action allowed

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Jun 3 10:07:15 BST 2020

Hi Vladimir,

On Monday, 1 June 2020 21:57:57 CEST Владимир Тимофиев wrote:
> I have freeBSD 12.1. Lumina 1.6.
> Installed Kshutdown 5.0, but almost all actions are inactive in it. Why?
> When I run the program from the root in the terminal, then everything works
> And under the user does not want to work!

This is something you'll need to debug under Lumina.

In a Plasma environment, all (? -- I've never used this before) the options
are shown, and logout seems to work (it was canceled by VirtualBox, but at
least I got notifications) and shutdown as well (*that* was a mistake).

One thing you might try is to follow the advice in

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/kde-plasma5-power-buttons-missing.72501/

which advises a polkit rule to allow wheel-group to do anything -- there's
probably a more fine-grained way of doing that, though.

[ade]