start of kde5 changes env var LANG

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Mon Dec 7 15:53:55 GMT 2020

Hi,

I recently ran into similar issues. I did some looking around, and discovered
that KDE/KF5 was trying to use DBUS to get account information, and failing. I
installed sysutils/accountsservice and I find a massive difference in how it
runs. For one thing, startup is much quicker. For another, my CHARSET and LANG
settings from /etc/login.conf are respected.

I'm beginning to think there should be a dependency on sysutils/
accountsservice for x11/kde5.

Cheers,
Dwayne