start of kde5 changes env var LANG

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Dec 7 11:08:51 GMT 2020

El día lunes, diciembre 07, 2020 a las 08:33:51a. m. +0200, Oleksandr Kryvulia escribió:

> 07.12.20 07:53, Matthias Apitz пишет:
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is on FreeBSD CURRENT with ports from head. I login on a normal
> > console and get LANG from ~/.profile as

> > Which script/config of KDE modifies the env var LANG?
> >

> Hi!
>
> You can use ~/.config/plasma-workspace/env/env.sh for setting variables.

Hello,

Thanks, this works fine.

I have another script (used in ~/.kde4/Autostart/xmod.sh) which I now
copied to ~/.config/plasma-workspace/env/xmod.sh which does:

# Acer C720
#
# swap Alt with Win-key
# use (old) CapsLock as Alt_l
#

/usr/local/bin/setxkbmap -model pc105 \
          -layout de,us   \
	  -option "altwin:swap_alt_win"   \
	  -option "lv3:ralt_switch"

# we use the Win-key to add more (esp. Spanish) letters to the keys:
#
# Spanish tilded chars (use Mode_switch + char)
#
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x40 =  Mode_switch"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x39 =  n N ntilde Ntilde"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x1a =  e E eacute Eacute"
#
xmodmap -e "keycode 94 = less greater guillemotleft guillemotright bar brokenbar"
#
# PgUp, PgDown, Home, End keys:
#
xmodmap -e "keycode 111 =  Up   Up   Prior" # XXX: Home
xmodmap -e "keycode 116 =  Down Down Next"  # XXX: End
#
# F11
xmodmap -e "keycode 67  = F1 F1 F11"

i.e. the idea is to be able to type Spanish tilded chars like

áéíóñ ÁÉÍÓÑ ...

and get some other keys like Prior and Next which are missing on the small C720
netbook keyboard.

The script worked fine for ages in KDE4 and works also when I start it
in a xterm when the plasma is up. But when it is launched as
~/.config/plasma-workspace/env/xmod.sh during the start of the KDE5,
somewhere the settings get reset to the default values.

Any idea how this could work? Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045