kdesu on FreeBSD

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Aug 16 16:23:28 BST 2020

On Sunday, 16 August 2020 01:54:11 CEST David Faure wrote:
> https://build.kde.org/job/Frameworks/job/kdesu/job/kf5-qt5%20FreeBSDQt5.15/1
> 1/testReport/projectroot/autotests/kdesutest/ says `xauth` isn't found.
>
> Does xauth exist on FreeBSD? Is it maybe not in $PATH? Or is it maybe just
> not installed in the FreeBSD CI machine?

It is installed (now, at least - looks like Tobias installed it this morning).
It's in /usr/local/bin/xauth .

> The actual failure isn't related to xauth but to sudo/su output, I'll debug
> that tomorrow by committing some debug output and reverting it soon after,
> since I can't get any FreeBSD developer to look into those failing
> unittests...

I see that the underlying problem has been resolved (assuming a specific path
for python3 executables). If you want folks to look at something specific,
it's useful to poke the mailing list or the IRC channel, since watching the
Jenkins status is not something I personally have time for.

[ade]