qt5-network will not build on FreeBSD 11.4

Tobias C. Berner tcberner at freebsd.org
Sun Aug 9 17:48:15 BST 2020

Moin moin

Yes, we are well aware that the situation is bad for people who cannot
upgrade to 12.x.

But as the support for OpenSSL1.0 was dropped, there was not much we
could do about it.
If you only require Qt and none of the Qt-OpenSSL parts, it would be
possible to build
net/qt5-network without OpenSSL support -- this would at least get you
a working Qt5, with
a somewhat partial qt5-network.

Note, that you could also switch to the quarterly ports tree, which
does not contain Qt 5.15
until the next one is cut -- so that gives you time until the end of
september to upgrade.

Again, we're sorry for this.

mfg Tobias