moving from KDE4 to KDE5

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Jun 18 13:48:34 BST 2019

El día Tuesday, June 18, 2019 a las 09:48:16AM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> For the transition from KDE4 to KDE5 I have two more silly questions: In
> my HOME the KDE4 configuration is below ~/.local and ~/.kde4. When I now
> start KDE5 for the first time, will this (the desktop) somehow migrated,
> as far as possible? Or will it even be in the way and should be deleted
> before?

While testing and configuring things, I'm chocking with two issues:

- I configured zapping (alt-ctrl-backspace) which works, i.e. terminates
  the Xorg server but powers off the laptop. Why?

- The desktop many times comes in an unusable state: the menus (for
  example the Application Launcher or the Hamburger in the upper corner)
  come up as empty, transparent frames, i.e. only the border is painted.
  Somethings seems to be crashing...

This is with r349041 and ports from June 10.

Any comments?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
May, 9: Спаси́бо освободители! Thank you very much, Russian liberators!