Amarok for Plasma 5

Benny Goemans benny.goemans at belgacom.net
Thu Nov 22 19:35:04 GMT 2018

Hi,

I updated to KDE & Plasma 5, first from area51, nowadays from the
regular ports tree and have been running it ever since. One of the
things I missed most was my trusty amarok player.

Luckily, the amarok master branch has been updated with everything
necessary to use it with Plasma 5 and I decided to try and port it. Long
story short, I have a working port (though not every single feature
tested) and I thought to share it with you guys. With some luck I can
prevent someone from doing extra work once a new amarok version is released.

You can find the port at the url below, just drop it in your ports tree,
download the master zip from github. You'll also have to change the
MOVED file, apparently it blocks building the port otherwise.
If you decide to use it "officially", no credit is needed, it's a single
one-off port.

http://www.malavon.com/~benny/amarok.tar.gz

Note: this would be my first working port, not everything might be perfect.
Note 2: disregard the poudriere.sh file in there, it's just there to
make my life easier :)

Regards,
Benny

(also known as 'malavon' on the FreeBSD forum where I'm not really that
active)