Missing CONFLICTS between x11/kde-runtime-kde4 and sysutils/plasma5-kde-cli-tools

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Fri May 25 21:18:21 UTC 2018

Am 25.05.18 um 13:08 schrieb Adriaan de Groot:
> On Thursday, 24 May 2018 22:45:20 CEST Stefan Esser wrote:
>> PS: Do you want me to open a PR for such issues? Since I'm currently
>>     testing the re-implementation of portmaster I'm working on, it is
>>     highly probable that there will be more such problems found (which
>>     I need to diagnose to see whether it is a bug in portmaster or an
>>     omission in the port).
>
> I'm going to say "no, we don't need a PR for that", just drop the list a note,
> and/or prod us on #kde-freebsd on FreeNode, just in case.
>
> [ade] (with kde@ hat on)

Hi Adrian,

thank you your reply and the patch in D15571.

I've spent some time today on an effort to identify all affected ports, and
the result is the following list:

databases/akonadi-kde4                 databases/akonadi

deskutils/kdepimlibs-kde4              databases/akonadi

net/akonadi-mime                       deskutils/kdepimlibs-kde4

net/kmailtransport                     deskutils/kdepimlibs-kde4

sysutils/plasma5-ksysguard             sysutils/ksysguardd-kde4

sysutils/polkit-kde                    sysutils/plasma5-polkit-kde-agent-1

x11/kde-workspace-kde4                 devel/plasma5-khotkeys
x11/kde-workspace-kde4                 sysutils/plasma5-kinfocenter
x11/kde-workspace-kde4                 sysutils/plasma5-kmenuedit
x11/kde-workspace-kde4                 sysutils/plasma5-ksysguard
x11/kde-workspace-kde4                 sysutils/plasma5-libksysguard
x11/kde-workspace-kde4                 sysutils/plasma5-systemsettings
x11/kde-workspace-kde4                 x11-wm/plasma5-kwin

x11/plasma5-kactivitymanagerd          x11/kactivitymanagerd

x11/plasma5-plasma-desktop             x11/kde-runtime-kde4
x11/plasma5-plasma-desktop             x11/kde-workspace-kde4

x11/plasma5-plasma-workspace           x11/kde-workspace-kde4

Each port in the 1st column contains files also present in the port in the 2nd
column, but lacks a CONFLICTS_INSTALL entry. E.g. in the case of akonadi it
appears, that the KF5 port is marked as conflicting, but the KDE4 port lacks
that conflicts annotation. (I.e., the ports in column 1 need to be marked as
conflicting with the ports in column 2.)

I have generated this list by fetching all KDE4 and KF5 packages and matching
all the files they contain against each other, then identified the ports that
correspond to those packages and finally checked for an CONCLICTS entry.

I have kept some of the intermediate results and could try to repeat the match
steps in case I made a mistake and the results are not correct (I have not
verified each of those combinations, but the samples I checked were correctly
identified).

Seems that most of the conflicts have already been correctly registered, since
the list of conflicting pairs was about an order of magnitude longer before I
had filtered out all the pairs that were already correctly annotated.

Best regards, STefan