Intent to update security/openssl-devel to 1.1.1

Adriaan de Groot adridg at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 21 12:17:06 UTC 2018

Hi Bernard,

> A while ago I did 2 exp-runs of the complete ports tree, one
> with 1.1.0g and the other with 1.1.1.p2. Both on the same
> revision of 2018-03-18. The output was compared to identify
> ports that fail with 1.1.1.p2 that weren't already failing with
> 1.1.0 too. The result is a mere 44 ports, of which I currently
> believe most can be attributed to qt4-/qt5-network failure.

Thanks for chasing that. There are some longstanding weirdnesses in Qt4/5
with the different SSL versions (open vs libre as well), which seem to show
up only as runtime warnings -- but it will take a half day of sitting down
with the builds and a test program to figure out what is wrong exactly.

I hope we can whomp up some patches before 1.1.1 goes live.

[ade]