Something about plasma-nm and plasma-np

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Mar 15 12:36:11 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 16:59:41 CET, ykla wrote:
>   There is no networkmanager on FreeBSD. It's seems that  KDE
> plasma-nm depends on it. In this way, we can't have plasma-nm on
> FreeBSD ?

This is true. For desktop machines, this matters very little (use
/etc/rc.config, configure networking to use DHCP). For laptops or machines
that use wireless, edit wpa_supplicant.conf by hand.

>   In the same way, plasma-np seems that depends on something
> others, do we install it on FreeBSD?

Nobody -- also not the Plasma developers -- seems to know what plasma-np
might be. Please elaborate.

[ade]