kdepim in kf5?

Tobias C. Berner tcberner at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 9 19:49:01 UTC 2018

Hi Bengt

Yes, you cannot run kdepim4 in a plasma5 desktop as there are conflicts
between for example baloo&co of the two versions.

There are however ports for kdepim5 -- however the kimap-part of kmail at
least suffered from very poor behaviour in
the past (sometimes not fetching mails at all for a long time, or not
displaying any and so on, and sometimes to work
perfectly well for long enough to think that its great...).

mfg Tobias