Report issue similar to or same as BUG 234132

Jeremy jeremy.m.cox at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:16:16 GMT 2018

I would like to report an issue similar to BUG 234132. I was running
FreeBSD stable 12 build r341835. My install included xserver 1.20 and mesa
18.3.1, with the drm-kmod for FreeBSD 12 (based on Linux KPI 4.16), using
Haswell HD 4600 integrated video. I am also using the Intel driver, not
modesetting. I was using Plasma 5.12.7, KF5 5.52 and QT5 5.11. Everything
in Plasma was working fine, all of the KDE apps ran correctly and I had no
issues.

When I upgraded to KF5 5.53 and QT5 5.12, I ran into very similar issues to
what was reported from BUG 234132. There were rendering and screen
flickering issues. My KDE desktop was virtually unusable from those issues.
So first I uninstalled and reinstalled all of my apps from my poudriere
repo and cleared the .cache folders in my accounts that I log into. The
issue remained. I then downgraded my versions of xserver back to 1.18 and
mesa back to 18.1.9 (essentially using the current ports tree) with a clean
repo from poudriere. With Plasma versions 5.12.7, KF5 5.53 and QT5 5.12,
the issues remained unchanged.

I then reverted the updates for QT5 5.12 and KF5 5.53 back to QT5 5.11 and
KF5 5.52, and cleaned out the .cache folders again, and rebuilt with a
clean poudriere repo and the issue is gone. So I am essentially using the
ports tree from right before the QT5 5.12 and KF5 5.53 commits were made.
Everything is running normally and all of the KDE programs are running
fine. I'm sorry for the lengthily post. I hope this can shed a little more
light on the issue.