KMountPoint and fstab on FreeBSD

Tobias C. Berner tcberner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 11:38:20 BST 2018

Welcome to the wondeful world of / on zfs with boot-environments :).

Previously when using ufs yes, you would have an entry for /, something
like:
/dev/gpt/freebsd /              ufs     rw      1       1

but for the vm builders set their root via the bootfs option on the zpool:
# zpool get bootfs
NAME   PROPERTY  VALUE               SOURCE
zroot  bootfs    zroot/ROOT/default  local

# mount | grep ROOT
zroot/ROOT/default on / (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)

mfg Tobias