FreeBSD Port: www/falkon

Adriaan de Groot adridg at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 1 09:58:50 UTC 2018

Hi Rami,

On Saturday, March 31, 2018 11:18:52 PM EDT Rami Shibli wrote:
> Hello there,
> I am trying to install falkon on my 11.1 FreeBSD (details below), the port
> version doesn't exist

Yes it does: www/falkon was added march 5th. Or do you mean that there are no
packages available for 11.1-RELEASE?

> and when I tried to install from the packages I had
> lot of issues with the dependencies and the only way to get around it, was
> to install those troubled dependencies as binary from the port system.

I don't understand the phrase "binary from the port system". Generally you are
either building from ports, or installing from packages. The packages are
binaries, available from the official FreeBSD package site (and KDE bleeding-
edge stuff is also available from area51).

> Yet
> at the end it failed to build complaining as below (I have the feeling it
> is due to the individual packages I had to install from pkg probably
> packages don't match). But the initail attempt to make install clean failed
> because of the various dependencies.

The problem is right there in the error message you have posted:

===
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:46 (find_package): Could not find a
configuration file for package "Qt5" that is compatible with requested version
"5.9.0".

The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

/usr/local/lib/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake, version: 5.7.1
===

You have Qt 5.7.1 installed, not Qt 5.9. Install Qt 5.9 first (the ports tree
was updated to 5.9.3 on January 6th).

I think your specific problem is that you have 11.1-R (not 11-STABLE), so you
are getting packages only from the quarterly branch. The KDE ports are *not*
MFH'ed, so you generally won't get new packages until the next quarter. The
next quarter *just* was branched off, so you may have more success later in
the week.

Or build Qt from ports, and you'll get 5.9.4.

Personally, BTW, I would recommend using qupzilla-qt5 until you hit a website
that doesn't work with that -- while falkon supports more stuff, it also hangs
an awful lot (fortunately only single tabs) and I don't find it usable right
now as "the main browser for doing all the stuff".

[ade]