Questions on testing kde5

Tobias C. Berner tcberner at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 19 19:09:57 UTC 2017

Hi Mario

x11/kde is basically the new big-fat metaport. It pulls in the desktop
(plasma5) and many applications

1) most of the stuff is under ~/.config now
3) there should be a some import of the configuration happening
theoretically... not sure how good it works -- be save, make a backup of
your config =)
2) kde4-worskpace got  back in due to a bad git-merge -- it will get
dropped again. kde-runtime is also is only there as a dangling port -- not
really needed by anything anymore -- I should clean that up :)
3) if you install x11/kde with all the meta-port options enabled you'll get
the full thing. -- it more or less depends on what you need... isntalling
x11/plasma5-plasma-desktop + "the applications you need" is also a slimer
possibility.

mfg Tobias